Libya Defence Minister: We helped eliminate terror and end Benghazi battle

  • Libyan Express |
  • Sunday 11 February 2018

GNA Defence Minister, Mahdi Al-Barghathi, coordinated the attack

The Defence Minister of the Government of National Accord (GNA) Mihdi Al-Barghathi said Saturday that his ministry and the GNA helped end terrorism and Benghazi battle.
 
“If it wasn’t for Defence Ministry of the GNA, the trawlers would be arriving in Benghazi every day and Benghazi Defence Brigade would have gained legitimacy.” Al-Barghathi told Libya Al-Ahrar TV.
 
He added that investigation into the Brak Al-Shatti massacre proved that he, as the Defence Minister, had nothing to do with it, pointing out that they will keep probing this crime as it is a crime against humanity.
 
“I have advised Haftar to gain his legitimacy from the House of Representatives, but the issue that has destroyed Benghazi is that politics had been mixed with fighting terrorism.” Al-Barghathi added, saying he has no problem in dealing with any Libyan party, including Operation Dignity of Khalifa Haftar, for the good of Libya.
 
 
 
 
1st Libya-Europen Oil & Gas Summit

Comments reflect the opinions of the visitor and not those of Libyan Express, its editorial board or staff.