Over 400 families displaced in Libya’ Sabha over clashes

  • Libyan Express |
  • Sunday 18 March 2018

Sabha Medical Center

Families have fled the war zone in Sabha, southern Libya, over the continued fighting between two rival parties in the city.
 
The Sabha municipal council said Saturday that over 400 families left their houses in the clashes’ areas in Sabha and settled in schools in other neighborhoods in the city.
 
The municipality added that the city of Sabha is experiencing a lack of every needed basic service, including medicines, fuel, and foods.
 
“We cal on the concerned authorities to act and save the southern city of Sabha from collapse.” A member of the municipality told reporters Sunday.
 
Sabha has been experiencing an unrest and continued clashes between two tribes: Tubu and Awlad Sulaiman for over 40 days now.
 
Several have been killed and injured in the fighting so far.
 
Azara Media

Comments reflect the opinions of the visitor and not those of Libyan Express, its editorial board or staff.