Haftar’s Operation Dignity ordered explosion near Italian Embassy, SDF says
The Spokesman of the Tripoli-based Special Deterrence Force (SDF) Ahmed Salim revealed Wednesday night that the two persons who executed the explosion nearby the Italian Embassy in Al-Dahra, Tripoli, are two military men linked to Khalifa Haftar’s Operation Dignity.
Speaking on the phone with a local TV channel, Salim added that the two have been identified by the SDF forces and it turned out that they are linked to eastern forces of Khalifa Haftar, saying that their was to destabilize the capital and terrify the residents and foreign diplomats by targeting the newly reopened Italian Embassy.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Head of the Investigation Bureau of the Attorney General’s Office, Al-Siddiq Al-Sour, said in a presser that the two men who exploded the car were identified after doing DNA analysis.
Last Saturday, a car bomb went off in Tripoli’s Al-Dahra district nearby the Planning Ministry and very close to the Italian Embassy.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.