Libyan Red Crescent volunteers bury 47 decomposed bodies in Benghazi

The Libyan Red Crescent – Benghazi branch – said that 47 unidentified bodies were buried after they had been kept in the morgue in the Benghazi medical center.
In a statement on Sunday, the Red Crescent said that the bodies were decomposed in the morgue as they were kept there for aboyt a year.
It also said that the Red Crescent’s volunteers in Benghazi branch had carried out the burial after being permitted to do so by the judicial authorities in Benghazi.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Al-Menfi calls for permanent African seats on UN Security Council - February 15, 2026
- ‘He lied’: Ex-UN adviser blasts broken promises behind Libya’s failed vote - February 15, 2026
- How a convoy attack exposed Russia’s expanding role in Libya - February 15, 2026