North Korea hacks South’s military, officials say

South Korea’s military cyber command, set up to guard against hacking, appears to have been breached by North Korea, the military has said.
A spokesman told the BBC that classified information was thought to have been stolen, although it is not clear exactly what data was accessed.
The North has previously been accused of hacking into banks and media outlets but never the South’s military, the BBC added.
The BBC added that Pyongyang has in the past rejected allegations of cyber crime involvement.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Al-Menfi calls for permanent African seats on UN Security Council - February 15, 2026
- ‘He lied’: Ex-UN adviser blasts broken promises behind Libya’s failed vote - February 15, 2026
- How a convoy attack exposed Russia’s expanding role in Libya - February 15, 2026