UN delegate to Libya: People trapped in Ganfudah must be allowed a safe way out

The UNSMIL Head, Martin Kobler, said Sunday that civilians caught in the fight in Benghazi’s Ganfudah must be allowed to leave through safe corridors.
https://twitter.com/KoblerSRSG/status/833072390997471232
On Twitter, Kobler said the persons arrested by Operation Dignity forces of Khalifa Haftar should be treated well and should be tried in court.
https://twitter.com/KoblerSRSG/status/833072512175071232
Earlier, Kobler tweeted that there had been discussions with many Arab and European countries on the sidelines of Munich Security Conference.
He added that he had discussed with the General Prosecutor of the International Criminalriminalthe Libyan cases especially the human trafficking issue.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Al-Menfi calls for permanent African seats on UN Security Council - February 15, 2026
- ‘He lied’: Ex-UN adviser blasts broken promises behind Libya’s failed vote - February 15, 2026
- How a convoy attack exposed Russia’s expanding role in Libya - February 15, 2026