UN delegate to Libya: People trapped in Ganfudah must be allowed a safe way out
The UNSMIL Head, Martin Kobler, said Sunday that civilians caught in the fight in Benghazi’s Ganfudah must be allowed to leave through safe corridors.
On Twitter, Kobler said the persons arrested by Operation Dignity forces of Khalifa Haftar should be treated well and should be tried in court.
Earlier, Kobler tweeted that there had been discussions with many Arab and European countries on the sidelines of Munich Security Conference.
He added that he had discussed with the General Prosecutor of the International Criminalriminalthe Libyan cases especially the human trafficking issue.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Five Western countries issue arrest warrants for suspects in the death of migrants in Libya - November 29, 2022
- HoR vows more ‘friendly consensus’ with HCS - November 29, 2022
- Libya’s Mufti: human rights is now a smokescreen to destroy countries - November 28, 2022