One killed, nine wounded from Libyan forces in Sirte clashes with ISIS
The media office of AL-Bunyan Al-Marsous operation, which is appointed by the GNA’s Presidential Council to Liberate Sirte from ISIS, announced that its Misurat-led Libyan forces lost one fighter and 9 others were wounded in clashes with ISIS in Sirte downtown Monday morning.
The office posted on Facebook that their air force carried out almost 10 airstrikes on different ISIS targets in the city center of Sirte, where the militants are hiding and barricading as their last resistance chance.
Earlier on Sunday, the spokesman of the operation, Muhammad Al-Ghasri, disclosed that they received leaks from ISIS group that there are high-profile leaders under siege in Sirte, which he said describes the fatal resistance they put out in the battle for some areas inside the city.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- UK calls on Iran to prevent escalation in Israel-Hamas conflict - November 05, 2023
- Libyan Interior Minister: Immigrant shelter costs a fortune - November 05, 2023
- Libya’s political crisis can only be resolved through elections, says Russian ambassador - November 05, 2023