Ten Egyptians suffer severe injuries as gas cylinder blasts in their home
The Egyptian Foreign Ministry said 10 Egyptian nationals had been severely injured when a cooking gas cylinder blew up in a house in Libya.
Two of those injured in the blast, which took place at an eastern Tripoli district, are in a critical condition, with burns affecting 90 percent of their bodies, the Ministry added in a statement Wednesday.
The rest are suffering second-degree burn covering 65-75 percent of their bodies.
Sources from Egypt said that the Health Ministry dispatched ten ambulances to the Egypt-Libya Salloum border crossing to transport the injured for treatment in Egypt.
Egypt’s Foreign Ministry has repeatedly called on Egyptian nationals to avoid travelling to Libya due to the unstable security conditions in the war-torn country.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- A new era for gender-based violence response in Libya - September 20, 2021
- HSC: We are keen on holding the elections on time - September 19, 2021
- Libya calls for return of 1 million Egyptian workers - September 19, 2021