Ten interesting things we did not know before
1. Riding a rollercoaster can help you pass kidney stones.
2. Putting an image of a flat screen TV on a box containing a bicycle reduces the chance of damage during delivery by up to 80%.
3. Mexicans have 300 terms for corruption.
4. There’s a cure for garlic breath.
5. Truman Capote’s ashes are worth $43,750 (£33,710) at auction.
6. The mammal that kills the most members of its own species is not the human, the bear or the wolf, but the meerkat.
7. The D-day landings were put at risk by the homesick wife of a double agent, who threatened to expose his work so she could return to Spain.
8. Teenage acne is not all bad news: Unblemished skin ages faster.
9. Homer spoke 21% of The Simpsons’ 1.3 million words of dialogue from seasons one to 26.
10. There were 14,570 people over the age of 100 in the UK last year, up fourfold from three decades ago.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Libyan FM, UN official discuss ‘Libya Stability Initiative’ - October 20, 2021
- L’Humanité accused Morocco of using “Pegasus” to monitor individuals and governments - October 20, 2021
- Indian woman gives birth at age of 70, may be oldest to ever give birth - October 20, 2021