Association of the Libyans detained in the UAE says the released businessmen to receive their passports soon
The Head of the Association of the Libyans detained in the UAE, Muhammad Al-Hashimi, said it is possible that the released Libyan businessmen, who were acquitted recently by the UAE federal court, receive their passports this week.
Al-Hashimi added that there is no sign that the businessmen will file a lawsuit against the State Security Department in the UAE, saying such an action will be put off till they get out of the UAE.
It is worth mentioning that the Libyan businessmen were released late last month after being detained for two years.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- UK calls on Iran to prevent escalation in Israel-Hamas conflict - November 05, 2023
- Libyan Interior Minister: Immigrant shelter costs a fortune - November 05, 2023
- Libya’s political crisis can only be resolved through elections, says Russian ambassador - November 05, 2023