Five fighters from Libyan forces killed in Sirte after bloody advance on IS last holdout
5 fighters from the Misurata-led forces were killed and over 30 others were injured in different incidents during new fierce clashes in IS last holdout, Jizah neighbourhood.
The doctor at the field hospital in Sirte, set up by the Government of National Accord’s military operation Al-Bunyan Al-Masrous, Muhammad Al-Ajnaf, said two fighters were killed when a group of Misurata-led forces allowed a trapped woman to get out safely and reach them.
“When she reached our gathering, she threw a grande at us killing two of us and injuring several others.” One survivor told the field hospital.
Three others were killed and more than 20 were wounded when an IS fighter blew himself up as he was claiming to turn himself in to the Libyan forces with his family.
Meanwhile, ferocious clashes broke out Saturday morning as IS militants keep barricading inside their last nests in the seaside, Jizah neighbourhood.
Doctor Al-Ajnaf added that the Misurata-led forces have captured over 36 houses in the Jizah neighbourhood from IS terrorists so far.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Libya’s Mufti: human rights is now a smokescreen to destroy countries - November 28, 2022
- Al-Koni airlifted from Libya to Germany for treatment - November 28, 2022
- Is Saudi Arabia in search of the best English football clubs? - November 28, 2022