Libyan forces capture 32 IS militants as they comb through last holdout in Sirte
The Libyan forces of the military operation, Al-Bunyan Al-Marsous have announced the capturing of 32 IS militants in the seaside neighbourood of Jizah on Monday as they combed through the last 10 buildings held by the terror group.
“Two of the most wanted senior leaders were captured in Jizah on Monday.” Sources from the battleground told the Libyan News.
Also on Monday, a number of women and children of IS militants surrendered themselves to the Misurata-led forces and were sent to the Misurata Central Hospital via safe passages, according to the spokesman of the hospital Akram Gliwan.
Although news came out that the neighbourhood of Jizah was fully captured by the Libyan forces, however, the spokesman of the media center of Al-Bunyan Al-Marsous, Muhammed Al-Ghasri said earlier this afternoon that victory is at hand and liberation will be shortly announced as the forces are now combing though the last buildings of the terrorists.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Cyprus brings UN to check mystery plane suspected of carrying weapons to Libya - October 17, 2021
- Libyan NGO calls for suing Haftar’s forces - October 17, 2021
- Top diplomats of Iran, China hold talks on nuclear deal - October 17, 2021