Al-Bunyan Al-Marsous in Sirte requests US airstrikes on ISIS

maxresdefault-23-620x422-620x422

The Presidential Council’s appointed military operation in Sirte for the fight against ISIS terrorists has sent a letter to the Prime Ministry of the Government of National Accord calling for demanding assistance airstrikes on ISIS targets in Sirte from the US.

In a letter on Saturday, Al-Bunyan Al-Marsous said they want the help of the US warplanes to target ISIS locations in Sirte with prior mapping out and laying of target spots by the operation on the ground.

Earlier on Saturday, the media office of the operation said the Misurata-led forces had captured an ISIS weapons depot in Dollar Neighbourhood in Sirte.

According to the media office’s Facebook page, the depot contained massive quantity of ammunition, artillery ammunition, mortars, and tanks’ shells and warheads.

Also, the media office said earlier that their forces found one of ISIS’s hideouts in Al-Sawawa district in which they were making mines and explosive devices.

The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Al-Bunyan Al-Marsous in Sirte requests US airstrikes on ISIS

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.