Car bomb rocks Libya’s Benghazi, over 6 people killed and scores wounded
Photos and videos circulated on social media showed a car bomb explosion that took place at Jamal Abdelnasser Street in Benghazi.
Al-Jalaa Hospital in Benghazi confirmed the explosion and said it has so far received over 6 killed persons and 20 injuries from the explosion seen near Tibisti Hotel in Benghazi.
Security sources said emergency and ambulance cars arrived at the place for relief work.
Meanwhile, social media users said one of the killed persons is a very popular “Sahawat” fighter for Khalifa Haftar’s self-styled army named Ezzo Raslan and his brother were killed in the car bombing.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Egypt says ready to assist Libya for successful elections - September 16, 2021
- Libyan Court rules in favor of Mohsen Derregia’s return as LIA Chairman - September 16, 2021
- Libya announces reopening of border crossing with Tunisia - September 16, 2021