Clashes renewed between Joint Central Region Forces and IS, one killed
The Misurata hospital media office said that the accidents and emergencies section received Wednesday evening 8 injured fighters and one dead body due to the renewed clashes between forces from Misurara and the central region and ISIS militants to the east of Al-Siddada.
The clashes took place late on Wednesday between the forces of the Joint Operations Room of the Central Region formed earlier this week by the UN-backed Presidential Council.
Clashes in Al-Siddada checkpoint come amid news that said joint forces are advancing to regain the districts held by ISIS starting from Al-Siddada and Abu Grein, which it controlled only last week, and ending with its stronghold, Sirte.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Libya’s NOC denies ‘false’ revenue reports - April 03, 2025
- Tunisian president: Mulberry leaves wither and crumble - April 03, 2025
- US strengthens Middle East military presence - April 03, 2025