Eastern Military Governor bans Libyans from traveling without security permit

The Eastern Governor of Libya appointed by the House of Representatives, Abdelrazik Al-Nadori, issued a new travel ban after scraping the under-60 women ban on Wednesday.

The new ban disallows Libyans – men and women – from traveling abroad without prior security permits that they should obtain from intelligence and military departments in the east.

The ban is this time on men and women between 18 and 45 years old, according to the statement issued by Al-Nadori on Thursday.

He said that ban is prompted by national security issues as the men and women in those ages would pose a threat to Libya when they travel unguarded.

“We fear those citizens would join terrorist groups, we need to protect them when they travel abroad.” Al-Nadori’s ban says.

Earlier this week, Al-Nadori issues a travel ban on women under 60 and allowed them to travel only with male escorts.

The decision sparked anger and criticism and led Al-Nadori to scrap it before he had issued a new one today to ban all citizens from traveling without security and intelligence permission.

The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Eastern Military Governor bans Libyans from traveling without security permit

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.