Former commander of military backup of eastern Libyan forces shot in Benghazi
The former commander of the Operation Dignity’s military backup brigade Salah Bu Laghib has been shot in the stomach and three of his armed companions were injured.
Bu Laghib and the three injured men were sent to Al-Jalaa Hospital, a source from the hospital in Benghazi said, adding that Bu Laghib had a surgery in his abdomen.
According to local source in Benghazi, the fight broke for a land Bu Laghib is using in Fuwaihat area, adding that it was the armed police of the area who tried to kick hi from the lot.
Bu Laghib left the job, which was under the command of Khalifa Haftar, last year.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- UK calls on Iran to prevent escalation in Israel-Hamas conflict - November 05, 2023
- Libyan Interior Minister: Immigrant shelter costs a fortune - November 05, 2023
- Libya’s political crisis can only be resolved through elections, says Russian ambassador - November 05, 2023