ISIS trawler hit off Sirte port by GNC air force

The air force of the General National Congress in Tripoli carried Monday an airstrike on an ISIS trawler in Sirte port leaving it in flames.
An official source, who asked to remain anonymous, told Solidarity Press that the ISIS trawler was full of weapons to be given to the ISIS militants in control of the city, adding that eyewitnesses from Sirte reported seeing the trawler on fire from a distance.
Earlier on February revolution anniversary, the Salvation government ordered all military formations to move toward Sirte to free it from the terrorist groups of ISIS.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Tunisia begins major migrant camp clearance - April 05, 2025
- Morocco and Mauritania airlines sign strategic partnership agreement - April 05, 2025
- Libya under Russian and Turkish occupation, says Al-Koni - April 05, 2025