Libya: Haftar orders his forces to intensify fighting in Ramadan

Haftar aims to take control of the country by force. [Photo: Libyan Express]
Khalifa Haftar said on Sunday on an audiotape released by the spokesman of his forces that Ramadan had not been a reason to halt previous battles when he seized the eastern cities of Benghazi and Derna.

“Officers and soldiers in our armed forces and the auxiliary forces, I salute you in this glorious days and urge you with your strength and determination to teach the enemy a greater and bigger lesson than the previous ones, as we’ve always known you to do, till we uproot it from our beloved land,” Haftar said.

He urged his forces to fight as Ramadan is a month of jihad, disregarding the call of the UNSMIL for a humanitarian truce for an extendable one week.

It is worth mentioning that many officials at the Government of National Accord (GNA) have said over the last month that there can be no ceasefire until Haftar’s forces retreat to their previous positions as before April 03, 2019.

You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept