NOC: Shutdown of Mellita pipeline lost Libya $2.17 million
The shutdown of Mellita oil pipeline for about 30 hours by armed groups last week led to the loss of 2.17 million dollars, the National Oil Corporation said in a statement on Monday.
“The closure of the pipeline led to a drop in Al-Wafaa oilfield’s production and affected local as well as international exports,” the statement added.
The NOC said that the closure lost Libya 310 m2 of gas production and 12000 oil barrels.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Cyprus brings UN to check mystery plane suspected of carrying weapons to Libya - October 17, 2021
- Libyan NGO calls for suing Haftar’s forces - October 17, 2021
- Top diplomats of Iran, China hold talks on nuclear deal - October 17, 2021