Boycotting states says Qatar’s response “negative”, slap no new sanctions

The four Arab nations accuse Qatar of supporting terrorism and allying with regional foe Iran

Four Arab states refrained on Wednesday from slapping further sanctions on Qatar but voiced disappointment at its “negative” response to their demands and said their boycott of the tiny Gulf nation would continue, Reuters reported.

Qatar earlier in the day accused Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Egypt of “clear aggression” and said the accusations cited when they severed ties a month ago “were clearly designed to create anti-Qatar sentiment in the West.” Reuters added.

The four Arab nations accuse Qatar of supporting terrorism and allying with regional foe Iran – which Doha denies – and their foreign ministers met in Cairo on Wednesday after a deadline they gave Qatar to meet 13 demands expired, Reuters indicated.

They had been expected to consider further sanctions at the gathering, but announced no new measures, it added.

The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Boycotting states says Qatar’s response “negative”, slap no new sanctions

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.