Houthis say seven drone attacks on Saudi oil plants caused Riyad 2 million bpd
Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree has said that seven drones carried out the strikes on the Saudi oil installations.
“It was a successful operation. We found assistance from people living in Saudi Arabia, and we had excellent intelligence,” Saree added.
Earlier on Tuesday, a television station run by Yemen’s Houthi rebels said it launched drone attacks on Saudi installations, without identifying the targets or time of the attacks.
The attacks also occurred amid a war of words between the United States and Iran over sanctions and the growing American military presence in the Persian Gulf.
The drone attacks come a day after Riyadh said two of its oil tankers were among four vessels sabotaged off the coast of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Sunday. However, Tehran has denied any involvement in the Sunday describing it as “worrisome and dreadful”.
A US official on Tuesday confirmed Al Jazeera that the US military has lodged an investigation into the alleged sabotage attacks on Sunday.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- NATO: We are dedicated to assisting Libya on its path to stability in terms of defense and security - June 16, 2021
- Administrative and financial failure casts a shadow of doubt over the National Safety Authority - June 16, 2021
- Al-Mangoush working to mobilize support for the full implementation of the Ceasefire Agreement - June 15, 2021