SSA goes after the major Libyan drug gangs
Libya’s Stability Support Apparatus (SSA) has recently carried out its duties by arresting criminals and drug gangs in couple of Libyan cities.
According to Libya’s Stability Support Apparatus’ Office arrest document obtained by Libyan Express (July 16), SSA has arrested five persons for drug possession, land trafficking in Tripoli and sale of fake seals, below is a detailed explanation of their operations:
– One person was caught in a close ambush in possession of 13 gallons of 20 litres of what is suspected to be home-made alcoholic beverages, the suspect admitted to having brought it from Al Ajaylat city (80 kilometers west of Tripoli) and sold it. Note: Libyan regulations prohibit the consumption of alcoholic beverages, except for non-alcoholic beer.
– Two individuals were arrested for falsifying seals and documents and selling them to citizens as solid official documents.
– An individual was arrested in possession of two large pieces of what is suspected to be a cannabis drug in Hay Al-Andalus area, Tripoli.
– A person has been arrested in possession of a large amount of cannabis suspected of trafficking in the Al-Daribi area, Tripoli.
The SSA took the necessary legal steps and referred the suspects to the Office of Public Prosecutions for action, said a source.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Al-Mishri stops communication with HoR - December 09, 2022
- Turkish Airlines takes the award for best design airline - December 09, 2022
- SSA arrests suspect believed to be Al-Kaniyat gang member - December 09, 2022