NOC: Shutdown of Mellita pipeline lost Libya $2.17 million

  • Libyan Express |
  • Monday 11 September 2017

The NOC said that the closure lost Libya 310 m2 of gas production and 12000 oil barrels.

The shutdown of Mellita oil pipeline for about 30 hours by armed groups last week led to the loss of 2.17 million dollars, the National Oil Corporation said in a statement on Monday.

“The closure of the pipeline led to a drop in Al-Wafaa oilfield’s production and affected local as well as international exports,” the statement added.

The NOC said that the closure lost Libya 310 m2 of gas production and 12000 oil barrels.


Comments reflect the opinions of the visitor and not those of Libyan Express, its editorial board or staff.