ISIS claims responsibility for Jakarta attacks
‘Islamic State fighters…targeted foreign nationals and the security forces charged with protecting them,’ it said
Isis has reportedly claimed responsibility for the Jakarta attacks in a statement released through one of its allied propaganda agencies.
“Islamic State fighters carried out an armed attack this morning targeting foreign nationals and the security forces charged with protecting them in the Indonesian capital,” Aamaaq news agency said on its Telegram channel.
There has been no official confirmation of the claim but police previously said they believed militants had been “imitating” the November attacks in Paris.
Seven people, including five suspected attackers, died in suicide bombings and shootings in the Indonesian capital on Thursday morning.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Ambassador Norland praises Libyan Audit Bureau’s role in anti-corruption drive - October 01, 2022
- Al-Bayda oilfield is on track to increase production by the end of October - October 01, 2022
- Al-Koni insisted on continuing the work of unification of the military institution - September 30, 2022