ISIS suicide attacks kill 37 policemen in Yemen
A suicide bombing claimed by ISIS groups and a second attack killed 37 police on Sunday in the Yemeni port of Mukalla where a year of Al-Qaeda rule was ended just last month, medics said.
It was the second attack in days claimed by IS in the city of 200,000 people which was recaptured by government forces from the rival jihadists of Al-Qaeda with US backing.
The suicide bomber killed at least 31 police recruits on the southwestern outskirts of the city, which is the capital of Hadramawt province, medics said.
The bomber detonated an explosives belt as he joined a line of men at a police recruitment centre, a provincial official said.
More than sixty people were also wounded in the attack in Fuwah district, a medical source said.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- HoR: Boukadoum’s nomination is rejected - July 05, 2022
- Williams urges Libyans to achieve the roadmap toward elections - July 04, 2022
- Libyan ambassador to Italy imprisoned for unlawful gains - July 04, 2022