JMC hails reopening of coastal road, reaffirms intent to removal all foreign forces from Libya
Member of the 5+5 Joint Military commission hails the reopening of the coastal road as a victory and reaffirms the intent of the JMC to continue working to remove all foreign forces from the country
General Ahmed Abouchhima, a member of the 5+5 Joint Military Commission (JMC), congratulated the Libyan people on the effective reopening of the coastal route between Sirte and Misrata, putting an end to the agony that residents have endured for more than a year and a half.
General Abouchhima told the Libyan News Agency (LANA) that they would continue their important assigned job of removing mercenaries and foreign troops even when the coastline road is opened.
Jan Kubis, the United Nations Special Envoy for Libya, had been called to help in reaching out to the relevant States that had mercenaries and soldiers on Libyan soil.
During the reopening ceremony in Sirte’s west, a JMC member also said that “Because of the spread of Covid-19, our country is in the grip of a health disaster. We urge all government authorities to guarantee that all medical requirements for vaccinations and medical supplies are fulfilled.”
Major General Abouchhima said that military engineering and demining teams are still working on thorough demining operations to guarantee the safe passage of travellers, camel breeders, and livestock south of the coastal route.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Haftar to fly to the US with family, pretending it’s a Libyan official visit - September 13, 2021
- Haftar hires ex-Clinton aide, ex-Republican leader to lobby Washington for Libya elections’ run - September 09, 2021
- Al-Saadi Gaddafi, late dictator’s son, released from Libyan prison - September 06, 2021