Libya Defence Minister: We helped eliminate terror and end Benghazi battle

GNA Defence Minister, Mahdi Al-Barghathi, coordinated the attack
The Defence Minister of the Government of National Accord (GNA) Mihdi Al-Barghathi said Saturday that his ministry and the GNA helped end terrorism and Benghazi battle.
 
“If it wasn’t for Defence Ministry of the GNA, the trawlers would be arriving in Benghazi every day and Benghazi Defence Brigade would have gained legitimacy.” Al-Barghathi told Libya Al-Ahrar TV.
 
He added that investigation into the Brak Al-Shatti massacre proved that he, as the Defence Minister, had nothing to do with it, pointing out that they will keep probing this crime as it is a crime against humanity.
 
“I have advised Haftar to gain his legitimacy from the House of Representatives, but the issue that has destroyed Benghazi is that politics had been mixed with fighting terrorism.” Al-Barghathi added, saying he has no problem in dealing with any Libyan party, including Operation Dignity of Khalifa Haftar, for the good of Libya.
 
 
 
 
The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Libya Defence Minister: We helped eliminate terror and end Benghazi battle

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.