Libya’s state oil firm lifts force majeure on Sharara oilfield

  • Libyan Express |
  • Tuesday 26 February 2019

Al-Sirraj and Sanallah meet in Abu Dhabi. (Photo: Internet)

After arriving in the UAE on Monday, the Chairman of the National Oil Corporation (NOC) Mustafa Sanallah met with the Head of the Presidential Council Faye Al-Sirraj and agreed on reopening Sharara oilfield and lifting force majeure. 

“Sanallah met with the chairman of the Presidency Council (PC), Mr Fayez al-Sarraj, and representatives of the international community in Abu Dhabi today at their request to discuss measures necessary to lift force majeure at the Sharara oil field. All parties expressed a desire to swiftly resolve the crisis and restart production as soon as possible.” The NOC said in a statement.

 
The NOC chairman reiterated his desire to resume production, and that force majeure will be lifted when all members of the ‘Civilian’ armed militia are removed from the field.Sanallah stressed NOC’s zero-tolerance policy towards extortion and insisted that all measures to resolve the crisis take place within the framework of national and international law.
 
“Despite all concerned parties not being present at the meeting, NOC is seeking assurances from the General Command of the Libyan National Army that all outstanding arrest warrants will be served – and that wanted parties will be removed from the field.” He added.
 
Sanallah said that the previously announced security guarantees and arrangements at the site must be implemented to prevent further acts of aggression and violence against Libya’s oil sector workers.
 
He indicated that under no circumstances will be future threats to staff be tolerated.
Azara Media

Comments reflect the opinions of the visitor and not those of Libyan Express, its editorial board or staff.