Misrata Military Council refutes receiving American, British advisers in the city
The spokesperson of Misrata Military Council, Ibrahim Bait Al-Mal, refuted the news reported by one of the British newspapers that said UK and US had sent military advisers to Misrata to help its brigades defeat ISIS.
In a press statement Tuesday, Bait Al-Mal confirmed that no orders were given by the General Staff to move toward Sirte until now, pointing out that the city’s brigades will not take a unilateral action, so they will wait for orders.
“All what is on Facebook about us taking control of Al-Noufiliya district is not true becuase until now we have not received orders from Tripoli General Staff.” He indicated.
The British The Telegraph newspaper published earlier this week that there is a coordinated action in Misrata between the city’s military formations and American and British military advisers.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Italy will give Libya five boats to control the migrants - February 04, 2023
- Dbeibeh’s government is not assisting us in the “Abu Agila” case, says his nephew - February 04, 2023
- Al-Swehli: Bouznika’s agreement to modify sovereign positions is declared unconstitutional - February 03, 2023