Petroleum Facilities Guard demands no-fly zone after Haftar’s warplanes targeted oil ports (Video inside)
The Petroleum Facilities Guard’s (PFG) Chief, Edriss Bukhamada, said he has informed the authorities of the Government of National Accord (GNA) tat a no-fly zone at the oil crescent region after the airstrikes of the forces of Khalifa Haftar that targeted the oil facilities of the Libyan people.
On Sunday evening, the warplanes of Operation Dignity conducted airstrikes on the oil terminals where the PFG forces are positioned.
According to Al-Nabaa TV, the airstrikes targeted also houses of civilians in Noufileya town nearby the oil facilities, killing one child and injuring others from the family, let alone the killing of one fighter from the PFG.
Bukhamada added that the random shelling of Operation Dignity on the oil terminals is a vicious crime, saying the forces of Khalifa Haftar are trying to damage the only source of Libyans’ income.
Last week, the Benghazi Defence Brigades (BDB) launched an offensive on Operation Dignity forces and pushed them out of the oil terminals and the oil crescent region.
Later, the BDB handed over the oil ports to the GNA’s PFG forces for security and protection of the Libyans’ fortunes.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- UK calls on Iran to prevent escalation in Israel-Hamas conflict - November 05, 2023
- Libyan Interior Minister: Immigrant shelter costs a fortune - November 05, 2023
- Libya’s political crisis can only be resolved through elections, says Russian ambassador - November 05, 2023