Fighting for Tripoli kills 21, injures 27 so far, Health Ministry says

Clashes in Tripoli threaten the political process in the country. [Photo: Internet]

Libya’s UN-backed Government of National Accord’s (GNA) Health Ministry said Sunday 21 people have been killed and 27 wounded in fighting near the capital, Tripoli.

This comes as the UNSMIL called for a two-hour truce so casualties and civilians could be evacuated.

In the meantime, fighting is still ongoing in different frontlines in southern Tripoli areas like Wadi Rabea, Khalit Furjan, Salah Eddine, Sooq Al-Ahad and other axes like Aziziya and Al-Sadiya near Wershiffana.

Haftar ordered his troops to march on Tripoli in order to “liberate it from terrorists” on Thursday, since then hundreds of his fighters have been captured and tens of vehicles have been gained by the forces under the command of GNA.

A military vehicle for Haftar’s forces hit by Air Force strikes near Tripoli. [Photo: Social Media]
The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Fighting for Tripoli kills 21, injures 27 so far, Health Ministry says

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.