IDPs Affairs Minister: Over 15.000 families have been displaced since April 04
The Libyan Minister of Displaced Persons Affairs Yousif Jalala said in a press conference on Monday that there are currently 15.000 displaced families, most of whom are children and women.
The minister added that this number is the final so far since Khalifa Haftar’s attack started in Tripoli on April 04.
Jalala also said that the government had allocated 120 million Libyan Dinars for the displaced families.
“We are working on finding alternative shelters for the displaced families who are staying in schools si that study can be resumed after Eid Al-Fitr.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Haftar to fly to the US with family, pretending it’s a Libyan official visit - September 13, 2021
- Haftar hires ex-Clinton aide, ex-Republican leader to lobby Washington for Libya elections’ run - September 09, 2021
- Al-Saadi Gaddafi, late dictator’s son, released from Libyan prison - September 06, 2021