Lawyers of Paris attacks suspect Abdelsalam chose not to defend him
Lawyers for the main suspect in last year’s Islamist attacks in Paris say they will no longer defend him as he has chosen to remain silent.
Salah Abdeslam is angered at being placed under 24-hour video surveillance, Frank Berton told BFM TV.
“We said from the beginning… that if our client remained silent we would quit his defence,” he said alongside fellow lawyer Sven Mary.
The attacks in Paris last November killed 130 people.
So-called Islamic State said it was behind the coordinated assaults on bars, restaurants, a concert hall and the Stade de France.
Salah Abdeslam was arrested in Brussels in March and has kept silent since his transfer to France in April.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- Parliament will debate the Constitution Court and the Unified Pay Scale - September 23, 2022
- Turkey set to deliver armed drones to UAE - September 23, 2022
- Dbeibeh accuses the Audit Bureau of petty politics with its government - September 23, 2022