Russian-Syrian bombings “knock out” east Aleppo hospitals, kill 27 civilians
BBC – Some of the heaviest bombardment so far on Aleppo has left rebel-held parts of the Syrian city virtually without medical facilities, observers say.
The World Health Organization says all makeshift hospitals there are out of service, after five days of air and artillery strikes by government forces.
Other reports suggest some that hospitals are operational but people are too frightened to use them.
Dozens have died since a government assault on Aleppo resumed this week.
On Saturday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a UK-based monitoring group, said that at least 27 civilians had been killed in recent government strikes on rebel-held eastern Aleppo.
Medics have in the past been able to bring field hospitals back into operation after strikes, but the lack of supplies is now so severe that this is becoming harder, Reuters news agency reports.
The recent bombardment has left streets deserted, with people trying to shelter in their homes.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.