Three Jordanians detained in Libya will be soon released, says Foreign Ministry

Headquarters of Jordanian Foreign Ministry (Photo: Internet)
Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday that it had been following up on the issue of three Jordanians kidnapped in Libya since last August.
 
“After the wife of one of the missing Jordanians told the ministry in August that she had lost contact with her husband and his friend, the ministry contacted the Libyan authorities and sent official notes to the Libyan Embassy in Amman in this regard,” said the ministry spokesperson, Sufian Qudah.
 
Qudah added that the issue was also raised during a visit to Jordan two months ago by the Head of the Presidential Council of Libya, Fayez Al-Sirraj.
 
The information that the ministry had gathered indicates that the three Jordanians are safe and that they are being held by security authorities in the Libyan capital Tripoli, he said, adding that the ministry and Jordanian security forces are closely following up on the matter.
 
He pointed out that the Libyan Ambassador had assured the ministry in phone calls that Libyan authorities were checking the case and that the detainees will soon be released.
The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Three Jordanians detained in Libya will be soon released, says Foreign Ministry

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.