Turkey condemns “militias fighting” in Libya’s Tripoli

Turkish Foreign Ministry Building (Photo: Internet)

Turkey on Saturday voiced concern over the violent clashes between rival militias in Libyan capital Tripoli that began earlier this week.

In a statement, the Turkish Foreign Ministry said: “We are concerned about the clashes that [..] caused the deaths and injuries of many civilians.”

At least 38 people were killed and 90 others wounded in the sporadic clashes since then, according to the Health Ministry.

The ministry said all parties should avoid actions that may harm civilians and disrupt political process led by the United Nations.

“Turkey is giving full support to efforts to end clashes and restore peace and security in Tripoli,” read the statement.

The views expressed in Op-Ed pieces are those of the author and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Libyan Express.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to oped@libyanexpress.com. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
Azara Media Azara Media
You might also like

Submit a Correction

For: Turkey condemns “militias fighting” in Libya’s Tripoli

Your suggestion have been successfully submitted

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Libyan Express will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.