Leicester City sacks Claudio Ranieri over bad results
ESPN – Claudio Ranieri visited Leicester’s training ground on Saturday morning to say his final goodbyes to his former players and staff.
The 65-year-old Italian said on Friday that his “dream died” after his sacking on Thursday night, having led the Foxes to an historic Premier League title last term.
“I don’t speak with anybody, just to say thank you to the fans. They are fantastic. Thank you,” he said when spoken to by Sky Sports News as he drove away.
On how he was feeling, he said: “I feel good now, because what we achieved in Leicester… I hope it will happen again, but it will be very difficult.”
When asked if it had been an emotional meeting with his players, he insisted it had been “normal.”
Ranieri guided the midlands club to a shock title last season but was axed with the team a point above the relegation zone.
Leicester have lost their last five league games and are yet to score in the top flight in 2017 ahead of Monday’s visit of Liverpool.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.