Manchester bomber has planned attack since last December, report says
The bomb attack in Manchester last month which killed 22 people was being planned since December, security officials in Libya have told the BBC.
The BBC added that Salman Abedi was being watched in Libya more than a month before the attack.
Officials in Tripoli have complained about poor security co-operation with the UK, which they say must be improved to prevent further attacks, according to the BBC.
Abedi spent a quiet month with his family in Tripoli before returning to Britain to carry out mass murder, BBC added.
Libyan officials have told the BBC’s Orla Guerin that from the time of his arrival in the country he was under surveillance, along with his brother Hashem and father Ramadan, BBC indicated.
How to submit an Op-Ed: Libyan Express accepts opinion articles on a wide range of topics. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Op-Ed’ in the subject line.
- UK calls on Iran to prevent escalation in Israel-Hamas conflict - November 05, 2023
- Libyan Interior Minister: Immigrant shelter costs a fortune - November 05, 2023
- Libya’s political crisis can only be resolved through elections, says Russian ambassador - November 05, 2023